On the property approach in assessing the economic efficiency of investment projects in real sectors of the economy (new capital construction ….. 3
Formation and forecasting of cash flows equivalent in terms of NPV by the method of transformation of annuities ……… 12
Fedorov A.V., Leonova L.B., Cherny T.
History of solving the problem of construction of affordable housing in the large cities of Europe on the example of Vienna city …… 23
EFFICIENCY AND QUALITY
Performance indicators of construction projects ….. 35
Khrustalev B.B., Ayupova Z.V.
Main directions of effective development of the commercial real estate market in the residential sector …….. 44
ENERGY AND RESOURCE SAVING
Titova T.T., Tshovrebov E.S., Boravskiy B.V.
Technical and economic approaches to the analysis of indicators of savings of resources and qualities within the limits of research of the reference with a waste of the city environment …… 54
EYO J.E., CHIADIGHIKAOBI P.C.
Impact of crude oil pollution in Yenagoa community in Niger delta region of Nigeria …… 65
On the property approach in assessing the economic efficiency of investment projects in real sectors of the economy (new capital construction)
Serov Viktor M., State University of Management, Moscow, Russia
Keywords: investments, investment activity, economic efficiency of investments, profitable approach, property approach, capital investments, fixed assets / funds, market value of fixed assets / funds.
The article points out the need to develop the provisions and methods of substantiating the economic efficiency of investment in the creation, development and technical re-equipment of enterprises and industries. Specifically, it is proposed to use the property approach in addition to the profitable approach to assessing the economic efficiency of capital-forming investment and construction projects, which constitutes the methodological basis of the current official methodological document “Methodological recommendations for assessing the effectiveness of investment projects (second edition)”. The author’s provisions, specific methods and calculation formulas for determining the real value of fixed assets / assets as property of an enterprise and organizations, and on its basis indicators / coefficients of economic efficiency of projects for the creation of new enterprises, production facilities are substantiated and presented.
1. Daskovskii V.B., Kiselev V.B. A new approach to feasibility study of investment. Moskow, 2015, 400 p. (in Russ).
2. Tsarev V.V., Kantorovitsh A.A. The analysis of the current methodic recommendation on the efficiency of investment projects // Vestniik INZhEKONa. Seriia Ekonomika [Bulletin INZhEKON. Economic series], 2004, no 2(3), pp. 91-97. (in Russ).
3. Serov V.M. On theapproaches and performance indicators in the development of methodological support for investment management // Stroitel’stvo. Ekonomika I upravleniye [Construction. Economics and Management], 2017, no.3 (27), pp. 22-29 (in Russ).
4. Lipsits I.V., Kossov V.V. Economic analysis of real investment: a textbook. 3 rd edition, revised and expanded/ Moskow, 2007, 383 p. (in Russ).
5. Pankratov Ye.P., Pankratov O.Ye. Foreign investments in the building complex of Russia // Investitsii v Rossii [Investment in Russia], 2008, no.8 (187), pp. 3-11 (in Russ).
6. Serov V.M. On the criteria and indicators of the efficiency of investment and construction projects // Ekonomika stroitel’stva [Economics of Construction], 2017, no. 4(46), pp. 54-64 (in Russ).
7. Serov V.M. On improving the assessment of the economic efficiency of investments in production capital // Investitsii v Rossii [Investment in Russia], 2008, no.7 (162), pp. 27-35 (in Russ).
8. Serov V.M., Bogomolova E.A., Moiseenko N.A. Investment analisis. Moscow, 2018, - 248 p. (in Russ).
9. Pankratov E.P. Economic evaluation of investment // Finamce, 2008, no 3. pp. 73-74 (in Russ).
10. Tikhonov Iu.P. Evaluating the losses from freezing of capital investments // Ekonomika stroitel’stva [Economics of Construction], 2018, no. 3(51), pp. 66-77 (in Russ).
11. Zakharthenko V.V., Kozlovskiy A.V., Moiseenko N.A. Management of the property in vertically integrated companies. Moscow, 2009, 168 p. (in Russ).
12. Tikhonov Iu.P. The evolution jf discounted cash flow: from Leonardo Pisanos “Liber Abaci” to Irving Fisher’s “The theory of interest” // Zhurnal ekonomicheskoi teorii [Russian Jornal jf Economic Theory], 2017, no. 1, pp. 141-154 (in Russ).
Formation and forecasting of cash flows equivalent in terms of NPV by the method of transformation of annuities
Sagadeev Rustem A., Institute of Construction and Housing and Public Utilities, GASIS, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia
Keywords: conventional and unconventional cash flows, net present value, basic model, forecasting model, transformation points, equivalent cash flows, investment and construction project.
The article deals with the formation and forecasting of cash flows of investment projects by the method of transformation of annuities. The methodology for the formation of equivalent cash flows, which allows maintaining the calculated value of the NPV criterion, is described. The process of forming a basic model and a model for forecasting cash flows equivalent in terms of NPV, taking into account the actual cash inflows and outflows, is described. Examples are presented that illustrate the stages of formation and forecasting of traditional and non-traditional cash flows, taking into account a given value of the NPV criterion in the process of implementing investment projects. The possibility of predicting the expected income, taking into account the associated costs of the enterprise, based on data on the projected cash flows in the process of implementing investment projects in conditions of uncertainty, is shown.
1. Avrashkov L.Ya., Grafova G.F. Criteria and performance indicators of investment projects //Auditor, 2003, no 7, pp. 38-43, no 8, pp. 43-47 (in Russ.).
2. Birman G., Schmidt S. [Bierman H., Smidt S.] Economic analysis of investment projects: M .: UNITI, 1997, p. 631.
3. Vilensky P. L., Livshits V. N., Smolyak S. A. Evaluation of the efficiency of investment projects: Theory and practice / P. L. Vilensky, V. N. Livshits, S. A. Smolyak. M.: Business, 2008, p. 888 (in Russ.).
4. Methodical recommendations for evaluating the effectiveness of investment projects (second edition) / M-econ. RF, M Fin. RF, GK on pp-woo, art hit. and lived. politics; hands auth. Col .: Kossov V.V., Livshits V.N., Shakhnazarov A.G. - M .: OJSC “NPO“ Publishing house “Economy”, 2000, p. 421 (in Russ.).
5. Khorev A.I., Berbenets V.I. On the issue of criteria and indicators of investment efficiency // Russian Entrepreneurship, 2009, no. 4-1 (132) (in Russ.).
6. Topsakhalova FM Peculiarities of making an investment decision under conditions of uncertainty and risk // Economic analysis: theory and practice, 2005, no 12 (in Russ.).
7. Vysotskaya T.R. The method of real options in assessing the value of investment projects // Financial management, 2006, no 2, pp. 84–95 (in Russ.).
8. Sagadeev R.A. Forecasting cash flows of investment projects by the method of transformation of annuities //Ekonomika stroitel'stva [Economics of Construction], 2019, no 1, pp. 29-43 (in Russ.).
9. Sagadeev R.A. Features of forecasting cash flows of industrial investment projects by the method of transformation of annuities //Ekonomika stroitel'stva [Economics of Construction], 2019, no, pp. 23-34 (in Russ.).
10. Sagadeev R.A. Forecasting cash flows using the method of transformation of annuities // Finansovyj menedzhment [Financial management], 2020, no 2, pp. 3–15 (in Russ.).
11. Melkumov Y.S. Economic evaluation of investment efficiency. M .: ICC "DIS", 1997, 159 p. (in Russ.).
12. Chetyrkin E.M. Financial analysis of production investments. M .: Delo, 2002, 256 p. (in Russ.).
History of solving the problem of construction of affordable housing in the large cities of Europe on the example of Vienna city
Fedorov Anatoliy V., Leonova Leyla B., Cherny Tomash, Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin, Yekaterinburg, Russia
Keywords : Vienna, Austria, housing construction, affordable housing, social housing, housing policy, developers, municipalities, rental housing, tenants.
Тhe article is devoted to the development and history of the creation of a unique system for providing the population with affordable social housing in the city of Vienna from the beginning of the 20th century to the present day. With the growth of large cities, especially during the period of population migration in Europe, this system has been proved itself well. Its uniqueness lies in the fact that the main role in it is played by the municipal authorities, which develop social programs in the field of housing construction and also finance them. At the same time, the rental housing market is becoming more comfortable and of high quality thanks to the city authorities regulation of rent. The principles of social justice in the housing market for socially vulnerable groups of the population are observed. At the same time, housing legislation is being formed and evolving, which keeps pace with the modern digital economy. The paper also provides a comparative analysis of the development of the affordable social housing market in Russia and Austria. It shows that in Austria the principles of social justice operate in compliance with legislation and assistance from government authorities, while in Russia the sphere of housing construction is completely depends upon the laws of a market economy, in the conditions of absence of perfect competition and the development of an oligopoly. According to the authors of the article, this system of functioning and formation of the affordable housing market in Vienna, personifies the formation and functioning of the socio-economic cluster in the housing and communal sphere in the capital of Austria. Great attention is also paid to the preservation of the unique historical architecture of the city in the field of housing construction. New districts of the city with modernized infrastructure and engineering facilities are also developed, providing complete improvement and comfort for residents. Of course, such a unique experience of providing the country's residents with affordable and comfortable housing conditions is possible and necessary to apply in Russia.
1.Wolfgang Foerster. 80 years of social housing in Vienna. URL:
(date of the application: 19.11.2018).
2. Wolfgang Foerster. 100 years of social housing in Vienna . URL:
file:///C:/Users/Tomash/Downloads/100Years%20of%20Social%20Housing%20(2).pdf (date of the application: 19.11.2018).
3. Ing. arch. Anna Koželouhová , doc. Ing. arch. Dagmar Glosová. Koncepce bytové politiky města Vídně školitel: CSc. Ústav navrhování 1, FA VUT v Brně. URL:
https://dspace.vutbr.cz/bitstream/handle/11012/51931/77-82_kozelouhova.pdf (date of the application: 19.11.2018).
4. Paweł Kubicki. Idee dla Polski. Polskie miasta nieszczęśliwe? obywatelski thinkletter. Kongres obywatelsky. URL: https://www.kongresobywatelski.pl/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/pawel_kubicki-polskie_miasta_nieszczesliwe.pdf (date of the application: 19.11.2018).
5. Margret Funk. Rent Control in Austria best practice and bad practice.TU Berlin. Industry Seminar Berlin. Rent Regulation in Housing Market - International Perspectives and the Case of Germany. 2017. URL: http://www.immobilienwirtschaft.tu-berlin.de/fileadmin/fg287/ERES/Presentations/Funk-Rent-control-in-Austria.pdf (date of the application: 19.11.2018).
6. Maciej Cesarski. Mieszkania na wynajem : wyzwania, doświadczenia, przestrogi. Problemy Rozwoju Miast 5/2-4, 88-91.2008. URL: http://bazhum.muzhp.pl/media//files/Problemy_Rozwoju_Miast/Problemy_Rozwoju_Miast-r2008-t5-n2_4/Problemy_Rozwoju_Miast-r2008-t5-n2_4-s88-91/Problemy_Rozwoju_Miast-r2008-t5-n2_4-s88-91.pdf (date of the application: 19.11.2018).
7. M.Yu. Borisenok. Red Vienna and Red Moscow. //The new past • the new past • No. 3. 2017. URL: file: /// C: / Users / Tomash / Downloads / krasnaya-vena-i-krasnaya-moskva% 20 (1) .pdf (date accessed: 19.11.2018).
8. Edited by Christine Whitehead, Kathleen Scanlon. Social Housing in Europe. //London School of Economics and Political Science. 2007. URL: https://mri.hu/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Social-Housing-in-Europe.pdf (date accessed: 19.11.2018).
9. Larionova Yu.V., Kovalev A.S. Features of the management of the housing stock of the city of Moscow //Ekonomika stroitel'stva [Economics of Construction], 2020, no 1(61), p. 40-48 (in Russ.).
10. Leonova L.B., Koksharov V.A. Approaches to the formation of the concept of "socio-economic cluster in the field of housing and communal services" //Ekonomika stroitel'stva [Economics of Construction], 2019, no 6 (60), p. 69-80 (in Russ.).
Performance indicators of construction projects
Korolev Mikhail A., Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (MGSU) National Research University, Moscow, Russia
Keywords: performance, performance indicators, optimal solution, final result, performance evaluation.
The article discusses the issues of improving the effectiveness of construction projects, which are the key to planning and implementing projects, and also raises the problems of the construction industry, its low efficiency, low efficiency of resource use. The study is devoted to the identification and optimal use of priority factors that affect the effectiveness of activities, which consists of a variety of indicators depending on the functions: transformative, control, regulatory, analytical, comparative, stimulating, managing. It is proposed to use performance as a resource management system that takes into account the causal relationship of various parameters in the organization with the decisions made and planned performance for different planning horizons. Options for solving issues related to the identification of a number of difficulties in measuring indicators, due to the possible existence of their inconsistency, and increasing the value of one indicator at the expense of another, as well as low information content of indicators for their application in managerial decision-making are presented. The division of the functions of performance indicators depending on the tasks is highlighted. An assessment of the effectiveness of the construction project is proposed. The resulting system of indicators will ensure integrity in the measurements of various subsystems, manage them in a consistent manner, namely, to make accounting and monitoring, make accurate forecasts of development, clearly assess the consequences of decisions made, and improve the quality of decisions made.
1. Eremin N.A., Korolev M.A., Stepanyan A.A., Stolyarov V.E. Features of digital transformation of assets when realizing investment oil and gas projects. // Gas Industry Magazine. - Vol. 778. - № 12, pp. 108-119 (in Russ.).
2. Grabovyy P.G., Lunyakov M.A. Performance management in the investment-building complex: planning, monitoring and awareness // Real estate: economics, management 2015, no 2 (in Russ.).
3. Danilkin I.A., Dentifying the main efficiency criteria for construction enterprises and estimating their relationships // Real estate: economics, management №1/2017, no 1, p.24-28 (in Russ.).
4. Peter f. Drucker, Encyclopedia of management, Trans. from English – M.: Williams Publishing House, 2004. p. 132-136.
5. Eccles R. J., Manifesto of the revolution in the evaluation of the company's work // Measuring the company's performance / Trans. from English - M.: Alpina Business Books, 2007, 220 p.
6. Mayer K., The role of adequate indicators in improving the productivity of working groups / / Measuring the effectiveness of the company / Trans. from English-M.: Alpina Business Books, 2007, p. 100-122.
7. Kaplan R., Golden pages: the best examples of the implementation of a balanced system of indicators. Trans. from English-M.: CJSC Olymp-Business, 2008, p. 416 (in Russ.).
8. Gens G.V. Business efficiency management. The concept of Business Performance Management. Moscow: Alpina Business Books, 2005, pp. 69-72.
9. Sukhomlin V.A., IT-education concept, educational standards, standardization process. Moscow: Hotline-Telecom, 2005, 175p. (in Russ.).
10. Grushin A., Gorsky M., Technology of balanced indicators. Moscow: CJSC Olymp-Business, 2005, p. 171 (in Russ).
Main directions of effective development of the commercial real estate market in the residential sector
Khrustalev Boris B., Ayupova Zarema V., Penza state University of architecture and construction, Penza, Russia
Keyword: sale of commercial real estate in the residential sector, management company, apartment buildings, utilities and housing services, developer of apartment buildings, shopping center, commercial real estate, residential sector.
In the article the author substantiates the necessity of application of innovative scientific approaches to the organization of processes of operation of the residential real estate sector: the analysis of commercial real estate in the apartment houses are considered commercial facilities, and the operation of existing buildings. According to the authors, the placement of commercial real estate on the first floors of apartment buildings will increase the efficiency of the operation of commercial real estate, optimization of costs for the existing residential sector, economic efficiency and validity of management decisions. If you create a management company that works in a system organized by the developer, in which commercial real estate is a tool for solving social problems in the residential real estate sector, it will be possible to increase the level of efficiency of operation of all types of objects. At the moment, when constructing residential sectors, it is necessary to take into account not only traditional ideas about creating houses, but also the organization of a system that will increase the level of operational efficiency. At the same time, it is necessary to create commercial facilities that will be a tool for solving socially significant problems in the infrastructure of the residential sector, while generating maximum profit.
1. Popov G.V., Morina N.A. Narrative report on evaluation: M, Russian Academy of evaluation "Evaluation-Consulting", 2014 (in Russ.).
2. Pankratov E.P., Pankratov O.E., Chizhankova I.V. Assessment of the state and prospects for the development of leasing of movable and immovable property / Bulletin of the Russian State Trade and Economic University (RGTEU). 2009, no. 11 (38), pp. 42-49 (in Russ.).
3. Pankratov O.E., Pankratov E.P., improving the system and methods of calculating and using depreciation funds for the reproduction of fixed assets// Ekonomika stroitel'stva [Economics of Construction], 2002, no. 4, p. 2 (in Russ.).
4. Khrustalev B.B., Ayupova Z.V. Analysis of commercial real estate placement in the city of Penza. Real estate: Economics, management, 2019, no. 3, Moscow, p. 7 p. (in Russ.).
5. Khrustalev B.B., Moiseeva A., Main features of scientific organization of construction of low-rise residential real estate objects// Real estate: Economy, management, 2018, no 3, M, pp. 74-80 (in Russ.).
6. Khrustalev B.B., Usatenko A.N., Burlakov D.A. Features of functioning and prospects of development of enterprises of the construction complex of the Penza region // Ekonomika stroitel'stva [Economics of Construction], 2018, no. 5 (53), pp. 58-68 (in Russ.).
7. Khrustalev B.B., Chudaykina T.N. Market potential as an element of strategic planning of the enterprise // Ekonomika stroitel'stva [Economics of Construction], 2018, no. 2 (51), p. 41-53 (in Russ.).
8. Economy and real estate management. Examples, tasks, exercises: Textbook for universities: In 2 parts. / Under the General editorship of p. G. Grabovoi. Parts 1,2. - Smolensk: Smolin Plus publishing House, 2014. - 328 p. (in Russ.).
Technical and economic approaches to the analysis of indicators of savings of resources and qualities within the limits of research of the reference with a waste of the city environment
Titova Tamila T., Emperor Alexander 1 St. Petersburg state transport university Sankt-Peterburg, Russia
Tshovrebov Eduard S., the independent researcher, Moscow, Russia
Boravskiy Boris V., CEO INECO LLC, Moscow, Russia
Keywords: savings of resources, secondary resources, the feasibility report, the reference with a building and municipal services waste, quality, ecological safety.
As research theme the complex of the actual problems defining level of steady social and economic development of modern Russia has served: quality of a life, an environment, ability to live and let out production. They are investigated by authors in interference with other group of significant questions - savings of resources and involving of a resource component of a firm municipal and building waste in the form of the qualitative, secondary raw materials claimed in a business cycle in economic circulation. Technical, organizational-administrative, economic, ecological-resource aspects of interaction of processes of savings of resources and quality of the various parties of ability to live are considered. Innovative workings out of authors in the field of scientifically-methodical approaches to formation of an index of ecological compatibility and quality of technology, an estimation of quality and value of secondary raw materials as mechanisms of regulation of ecological legal relations are presented. By results of researches the conclusion is drawn on necessity of increase of level of a resource orientation of the mechanism of the reference with a municipal economy waste as important factor of maintenance of a sustainable development and ecological safety of the city environment on the basis of the organization of system of the reference of secondary resources. Technical and economic approaches to the system analysis of indicators of savings of resources and qualities in the course of optimization of the mechanism of the reference with a waste are necessary.
1. Velichko E.G., Tshovrebov E.S., Mednov A.E. Otsenka ekologo-ekonomicheskogo usherba, nanosimogo pri provedenii stroitel'no-montazhnyh rabot [Estimation of the ekologу-economic damage put at carrying out of civil and erection works]. Zhilichnoe stroitel'stvo [Housing construction]. 2014. No. 8. Pp. 48-52. (in Russ.).
2. Barishevskij E.V., Velichko E.G., Tshovrebov E.S., Niyasgulov U.D. Voprosy ekologo-ekonomicheskoi otsenki investitsionnyh proektov po pererabotke othodov v stroitel'nuyu produktsiy [Qquestion of an ekologo-economic estimation of investment projects on processing of a waste in building production]. Vestnik MGSU. [Bulletin of МGSU]. 2017. Vol. 12. No. 3 (102). Pp. 260-272 (in Russ.).
3. William Edwards Deming. The New Economics for Industry. Government. Education. М. Ecsmo. 2006. 208 р.
4. Stiglitz J.E., Sen A., Fitoussi J.-P. Report by the Commission on the Measurement of Economic Performance and Social Progress. 2009. 291 p.
5. Nikonorov S.М. K «zelyonoi» ekonomyke cherez «zelyonye» financy, bioekonomyku i ustoichivoe razvitie [«Green» economy through the "green" finance, bioeconomy and a sustainable development]. Russkaya politologiya [Russian political science]. 2017. No 3 (4). Pp. 12-15. (in Russ.).
6. Rodionova I.A., Lipinа S.A. Zelyonaya ekonomika v Rossii: model i prognozy razvitiya [Green economy in Russia: model and development forecasts]. Fundamentalynye issledovaniya [Basic researches]. 2015. No 2 (24). Pp. 5462-5466. (in Russ.).
7. Telichenko V.I. «Zelyonye» tehnologii sredy zhiznedeyatelynosti:ponyatia, terminy, standarty [«Green» technologies of the environment of ability to live: concepts, terms, standards]. Vestnik MGSU [Bulletin of МGSU]. 2017. Vol. 12. Issue 4 (103). Pp. 364-372. (in Russ.).
8. Kalyuzhny B.O. Ekonomika zamknutogo tsykla – novaya paradigma [Еconomy of the closed cycle - a new dilemma]. Nauchno-prakticheskiy zhurnal TBO [Scientifically-practical magazine TBO]. 2018. No. 4. Pp. 8-10. (in Russ.).
9. Elgizawy S.M., El-HaggarS.M., Nassar K. Slum Development Using Zero Waste Concepts: Construction Waste Case Study. Procedia Engineering. Vol. 145. 2016. Pp. 1306–1313.
10. Hart J., Adams K., Giesekam J., Tingley D.D., Pomponi F. Barriers and drivers in a circular economy: the case of the built environment. Procedia CIRP. 2019. No. 80. Pp. 619–624.
11. Ehresman T., Okereke C. Environmental justice and conceptions of the green economy. International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law & Economic, 2015. Vol. 15. Issue 1. Pр. 13-27.
12. Zaman A.U. A comprehensive review of the development of zero waste management: lessons learned and guidelines. Journal of Cleaner Production. 2015. Vol. 91. Pр. 12−25.
13. Feugenbaum А. Kontroly kachestva produktsii [Production quality assurancen]. Мoscow. Economy Publ. 1986. 472 р. (in Russ.).
14. Amirov J.D., Yanovsky G.A. Resursosberezhenie i kachestvo produktsii [Savings of resources and quality of production]. Мoscow. Standards Publishing House Publ. 1987. 96 p. (in Russ.).
15. Topuzov N.K., Аlabugin A.A. Novaya paradigma i metody innovatsionnogo upravleniya resursosberezheniem [New a paradigm and methods of innovative management of savings of resources]. Kreativnaya ekonomika [Creative economy]. 2010. Vol. 4. No. 7. Pp. 19-27. (in Russ.).
16. Моrgun T.N., Solovyev K.S., Tishchenkova G.Z. Formirovanie mehanizma upravleniya resursosberezheniem na promyshlennom predpriyatii [Formation of the mechanism of management by savings of resources at the industrial enterprise]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya [Modern problems of science and education]. 2013. No. 6. Pp.12-17. (in Russ.).
17. Аnikyeva E.A. Analiz metodov resursosberezheniya v promyshlennoy logistike deyatelynosti predpriyatiy [Analys of methods of savings of resources in industrial logistics of activity of the enterprises]. Molodyozhnyi nauchno-tehnicheskiy vestnik [Youth scientific and technical bulletin]. 2014. No.10. Pp. 34-39. (in Russ.).
18. Tshovrebov E.S. Resursosberezhenie: osnovnye etapy stanovleniya, teorii i metody, tendentsii i perspektivy razvitiya v promyshlennosti i stroitelynoi industrii Rossii [Savings of resources: the basic stages of formation, the theory and methods, tendencies and development prospects in the industry and the building industry of Russia]. Vestnik MGSU [Bulletin of МGSU]. 2020. Vol. 15. No. 1. Pp. 112-158. (in Russ.).
19. Titova T.S. Proizvodstvennaya i promyshlennaya bezopasnosty pri obrashenii s othodami [Industrial and industrial safety at the reference with a waste]. LAP Lambert, Saarbrucken Publ. 2016. 146 p. (in Russ.).
20. Titova T.S., Stepanova A.A. Ekologicheskye problemy transportnogo stroitelystva [Environmental problem of transport building]. Tezisy dokladov IV mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii [Theses of reports of IV International scientifically-practical conference]. Spb: PGUPS, 2014. Pp. 80-81. (in Russ.).
Impact of crude oil pollution in Yenagoa community in Niger delta region of Nigeria
EYO J. E., Department of Ecology, Peoples Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University), 6 Miklukho- Maklaya Street, Moscow, 117198, Russian Federation.
CHIADIGHIKAOBI P. C., Pacherozi Engineering and Materials Nigeria Limited, 14 Chief Andy Obidike Lane, off Udeagbala Road, Ayaba Umueze, Osisioma, Abia State, Nigeria.
Keywords: Yenagoa, Niger Delta Region of Nigeria, crude oil spillage, contamination.
Contamination of soil from crude oil spill is a major pollution challenge in Nigeria’s Niger Delta region. Crude oil spillage is seen almost in every Niger Delta Region of Nigeria. The damages and impact of this spillage have a huge negative effect on the environment, eco system, inhabitants. Nigeria is not an exception of these negative impacts. In fact, Nigeria is seen as a nation with poor crude exploitation techniques therefore this paper focuses on the task to research the causes, effects, impacts of crude oil spillage in Yenagoa Niger Delta Region of Nigeria. The main objective of this paper is to analyse the impact and effect of crude oil spillage in Yenagoa. The information and data in this paper are derived from the review analysis of previous authors. From the analysis, it is seen that crude oil spillage has a huge negative effect to the environment and its inhabitants with factors caused by human. The spillage can be controlled, and the effects resolved.
1. Odu C.T.I. Pollution and the environment. Bull. Sci. Assoc. Nig. 3(2): 284 – 285 of Orchesella cincta (L.) (Collembola), Arch. Environ. Cont. Tox. 1977. 22, pp. 146–156.
2. Awobajo A.O. An analysis of oil spill incidents in Nigeria. Proceedings of National Seminar on Petroleum Industries and Nigerian Environment, Warri. 1981. pp. 57 –63.
3. Grevy P. The Niger Delta Nigeria pollution assessment study. report to the world bank. Carl Bro International Glostrup Denmark. 1995. p. 125.
4. Moffat D., Linden O. Perception, and reality: assessing priorities for sustainable development in the Niger River Delta. Ambio. 1995. 24 (7-8), pp. 527 – 532.
5. Obire O., Nwaubeta O. BioDegradation of refined petroleum hydrocarbons in soil. J. Appl. Sci. Environ. Mgt. 2001. Vol. 5(1), pp. 43- 46.
6. Leadership Newspaper, Abuja Nigeria: 1,260 Oil Spills Identified in Niger Delta. 2008. August 5th, Vol. 3 No. 28, p. 16.
7. Rowell M.J. The effect of crude oil spill on soils. In: Toogood, J.A. (Ed.), The Reclamation of Agricultural Soils after Oil Spill. Dept. of Soil Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton. 1977. pp. 1–33.
8. Cortet J., Gomot de Vauflery A., Poinsot-Balaguer N., Gomot L., Texier C., Cluzeau D. The use of invertebrate soil fauna in monitoring pollutant effects, Eur. J. Soil Biol. 2001. 35, pp. 115–134.
9. Raji A.O.Y., Abejide T.S. An assessment of environmental problems associated with oil pollution and gas flaring in the Niger Delta region Nigeria, C.1960s-2000. Arabian Journal of Business and Management Review. 2013. 3(3), pp. 48-62.
10. Manilla P.N, Frank OM. Chemical analysis of water samples from some flood plain lakes in the Niger Delta, Nigeria. Asian Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science. 2009;11(3), pp. 483-7.
11. Agunobi K.N., Obienusi E.A., Onuoha D.C. An investigation of the pattern and Environmental impact of oil spillage in Etche Local Government Area of Rivers State, Nigeria. Journal of Natural Resources. 2014. 4(16), pp. 124-37.
12. Ebegbulem J.C., Ekpe D., Adejumo T.O. Oil exploration and Poverty in the Niger Delta Region of Nigeria: A critical analysis. International Journal of Business and Social Science. 2013. 4(3), pp. 279-287.
13. Omajemite B.U. (2011). The economic dimensions of the Niger Delta ethnic conflicts. African Research Review. 2011. 5(5), pp. 46-55.
14. Akpofure E.A., Efere M.L., Ayawei P. The adverse effects of crude oil spills in the Niger Delta: Urhobo Historical Society. 2000. Retrieved September 20, 2018, from http://www.waado.org/environment/petrolpolution/oilspills/OilSpills_AdverseEffects.html (date accessed 10.01.2021).
15. Inoni O.E., Douglason G.O., Adun F.N. The effect of oil spillage and crop yield and farm income in Delta State, Nigeria. Journal of Central European Agriculture. 2006. 7(1), pp. 41-48.
16. Clark P.U., Alley R.B., Pollard D. Northern Hemisphere ice sheet influences on global climate change. Science. 1999. 286(5442), pp. 1104–1111.